Tomatoes have high levels of glutamic acid, which is the molecule that creates a majority of the umami taste. That’s why tomato paste is common ingredient in stews, marinades, & sauces, it’s an instant flavor booster. But, you always have to open up a pack of tomato paste, use a few tablespoons, and forget about the remaining paste that inevitably ends up in the depths of your freezer. And then you open up a new pack every single time. Break that cycle by keeping Tomato powder in your fridge (it will stay fresher that way) and use 1 part powder to 2-3 parts water, depending how thick of a paste you prefer for your dish. Many of the chef’s like to add this ingredient to dishes made with fresh tomatoes to enhance the flavor. It adds zip to summer time garden-fresh salsa!
How to Use :
- It adds flavor to tasteless grocery store tomatoes. Sprinkle it on fresh cut tomato slices and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Tomato Powder enriches and thickens homemade stews and soups. Add a little powder, taste, then add a little more until you reach your desired level of tomato flavor.
- Tomato Powder thickens and adds flavor to pasta sauces.
- Mix this powder with Thirsty Fresh cheese powder for a delicious popcorn sprinkle.
- Tomato Powder will make a homemade spanish rice that will taste like it came from your favorite restaurant.
Thirsty Fresh Tomato Powder can replace –
- 175 gm tomato paste by mixing 50g Tomato Powder, 1/4 cup hot water, and salt to taste (1/4 tsp).
- 225 gm tomato sauce by mixing 50g Tomato Powder, 1/2 cup hot water, and salt to taste (1/4 tsp).
- 450 gm crushed tomatoes by mixing 50 gm Tomato Powder, 3/4 cup hot water, and salt to taste (1/4 tsp).
1 Tea spoon (5 gm) Thirsty Fresh Tomato powder = 200 gm Fresh Tomato.
Like other spices and seasonings, this product also need to be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry and dark place. And If exposed to moisture and sunlight the product may lose its potency and pungency. If stored in proper conditions, the product has shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacturing.
When using Thirsty Fresh product for the first time, please take amount less than prescribed in product details.
Moreover, Thirsty Fresh products have great benefits such that you just need to prepare plain cuisine and at the time of serving add or sprinkle required amount to the dish as per like, dislike or taste of members of the family.
So, forget about the time consuming and tearful process of slicing and chopping, and use Thirsty Fresh products to obtain the distinctive aroma and taste of the spice.